Since so many of us host holiday parties during this season I wanted to share with you 5 Tips to help you host with ease and grace:
- Prep the night before: If you can, save time on the day you’re entertaining by setting up the day before. Decorate, set the table and even prep food or drink – whatever it is you need to do, do it the day before. You’ll save yourself the ‘day-of’ stress.
- Make a List: Whether you’re hiring a caterer or not, make a specific check-list for yourself including food preparation (down to specific steps) and other setup. As you prepare the day before and day-of your party you can feel at ease as you check items off your list and you’ll know you’re party ready when you complete it!
- Tidy Up: Depending on where you’re hosting in your home, concentrate on tidying-up those specific areas where guests will actually be spending time. Also, if there are items that you don’t want to risk getting knocked over or stained, remove them for the party.
- Enlist help! If you have a healthy budget for your event, why not hire a caterer to serve the food. If you have a more minimal budget, you could even just rent dishware which will cut down on your post-soiree clean-up.
- Pre-Mix Cocktails or Mocktails: Before guests arrive, mix-up a signature cocktail and mocktail for your get-together. It makes it much easier to serve guests (and you won’t be stuck bartending all night!)
If you have tried and true tips to hosting, share them with us in the comments below!
Cheer’s to the holiday season!
Until next time,